Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner is a novelty of 2016 from a Chinese manufacturer that improves models of automatic home cleaners by working on technical equipment and functionality. Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner has already received quite a wide popularity among users and is in high demand due to its good cleaning algorithm, high-quality mapping and control via smartphone. Consider in detail the features of this robot.
Advantages and disadvantages
Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner has a familiar round shape. The diameter of the device is 34.5 cm. The height is quite large — 9.6 cm. The robot weighs 3.8 kg. The body of the product is made of white plastic. It has a matte finish but no protective coating. Because of this, care must be taken during operation and maintenance. The upper part of the vacuum cleaner has a smooth surface, which is why dust and scratches are clearly visible on it.
Many people find it convenient to perform in white. Thanks to this, the device is clearly visible in the room. It also eliminates accidental stepping on it and simplifies the search when it gets under furniture. On the top of the device are two main control buttons: start and return to base. There is also a large round distance sensor. It allows the vacuum cleaner to study the room where cleaning is currently taking place, build a map and determine the movement algorithm.
On the side of the front there is a bumper, as well as a proximity sensor to obstacles. On the back of the side panel there are air outlets, a speaker that notifies you of the operating mode and two contacts for recharging.
On the bottom there are wheels, two of which are on the sides, and one is in front. There are also contacts for installation on the base, a battery compartment, a turbo brush and one side brush.
Lifting the top cover of the vacuum cleaner, you can find the trash can. It is made of transparent material, which allows you to immediately determine the level of its filling. For ease of removal, there is a notch for the finger. The rest of the space is occupied by the HEPA filter. It adheres well to the walls thanks to the padded seal.
Like all Xiaomi models, this robot has quite high characteristics:
- area: 250 sq.m;
- dust collector type: cyclone filter;
- garbage tank volume: 0.4 l;
- additional filter: fine cleaning;
- suction power: 1280 Ra;
- power consumption: 55W;
- overcoming obstacles: 18 mm;
- control: buttons on the body, application on the smartphone;
- the ability to build a map;
- the possibility of programming by day;
- sound indicator when stuck;
- installation on the base: automatic.
On a single charge, the robot can work for 150 minutes. This is provided by a capacious Li-Ion battery (5200 mAh).
Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner is designed for dry cleaning only. Efficiency is provided by twelve different sensors (ultrasonic, optical, range finder). Thanks to the ergonomic design and the arrangement of the wheels, the vacuum cleaner has excellent maneuverability.
The principle of operation is similar to all automatic assistants. The side brush directs dust to the main brush located in the center. The latter directs the debris into the dust collector. Dust is trapped in the filter and is not blown back. The side brush has stiff bristles that do not wear out or lose their original appearance with use. This contributes to a long service life and quality of work. Due to the high suction power, there is a complete cleaning of dust and debris, even stuck to the surface or stuck in the carpet.
Mi Robot has two main modes of operation:
- automatic: one-time (or two for small rooms) cleaning of the entire room;
- local: to clean the most polluted areas (for this, the vacuum cleaner must be moved manually to this area).
The device allows you to set the schedule of cleaning cycles through the application. It works in automatic mode until the charge drops to 20%, after which it will find the station itself and start charging. After replenishing the charge, it will continue to work from where it stopped. With the help of a special magnetic tape, you can fence off a part of the room where cleaning is not necessary. But this part is not included in the package, it must be purchased separately.
This Xiaomi vacuum cleaner model has a fairly simple package:
- base for recharging;
- the wire;
- brush for cleaning the main brush;
It should be noted that the user manual is written in Chinese. To understand the features of use, you should download it and translate it into Russian or use the mobile application.
Advantages and disadvantages
To fully summarize, it is worth considering the advantages and disadvantages of the device. Like all devices of the manufacturer, Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner has quite extensive advantages:
- concise design;
- small dimensions;
- effective cleaning, high suction power;
- high-tech navigation system;
- adequately developed algorithm for passing the route;
- good orientation in space: overcoming heights, avoiding obstacles;
- long work on one charge (capacious battery);
- continuation of cleaning from the moment it was stopped after recharging;
- the ability to control through a mobile application;
- development of a daily cleaning schedule.
Of the minuses of the vacuum cleaner can be called:
- small equipment (lack of magnetic tape, additional brushes, filters);
- instruction in Chinese;
- difficulties with adapting the application (according to reviews);
- small dust container.
The cost of the device is about 17 thousand rubles. For this price segment, despite the shortcomings, the robot deserves high praise due to its good orientation in space, competent navigation and other technical capabilities.
See also — Top 5 Inexpensive Robotic Vacuum Cleaners Based on Customer Reviews
See also: robotic vacuum cleaners up to 20,000 rubles
- Overview of the LG V-RF6043LR vacuum cleaner robot
- Review of the robot vacuum cleaner GUTREND FUN 110 Pet
- Overview of the iRobot Roomba 650 vacuum cleaner robot
- Overview of the robot vacuum cleaner Clever Panda i5 (Pet Series)
- Overview of the Genio Deluxe 500 vacuum cleaner robot