Advantages and disadvantages of electric kettles
Electric kettles are one of the most common small household appliances today. A convenient device that instantly heats water for making a hot drink or other purposes. In our hectic and active daily life, this is quite a useful thing. Such a household appliance is in almost every kitchen. Their range is represented by a wide selection. All of them differ from each other: firm, volume, power, design, price and material of manufacture.
Despite the relevance of this device in everyday life, there is a constant discussion between consumers. Is the electric kettle harmful in daily use, and what material is it of better quality.
Consider the main characteristics of electronic kettles for the home and figure out what material to choose from.
Advantages and disadvantages of electric kettles
We all highlight the positive aspects in the process of using these devices, especially since they are unconditional and create certain conveniences in our daily affairs. This technique has a number of advantages. Namely:
- Instant heating of water, which saves our time for preparing our favorite drinks. Especially in the morning, when you need an immediate serving of morning coffee to wake up.
- Autonomous. Not tied to any other kitchen appliances or furniture set. All you need is an outlet to turn it on. Therefore, without problems, it can be placed in any corner and transferred from place to place.
In addition to the main purpose, various models can contain quite interesting functionality, among which are the following functions:
- Heating water up to the set temperature. Agree, not in all cases you need boiling water. Many drinks are prepared at low temperatures, and in turn, are acceptable for consumption at the same time.
- Maintaining the set water temperature, which allows you to always have warm / hot water in the kettle. This is especially true when there are small children in the house and often you suddenly need to have warm water on hand for making drinks, diluting milk formula, medicines, and the like.
- Sound alert for boiling. A very necessary thing. It often happens that the owner put the water on and forgot about it. And she not only boiled, but already managed to cool down.
- Multi-colored lights give a special mood, playfulness while doing household chores.
- Timer delay. Now you can safely go to the shower and set the timer so that when you leave, the water in the kettle is ready to make a drink.
- A nice feature that will purify the water from chlorine. Intensive boiling.
- Most kettles are equipped with a sensor that prevents the appliance from turning on when there is no water in it. This will help save the device in case you forgot to fill it with water.
- The presence of filters that allow you to filter especially hard water.
- The newest models have a built-in remote control function from a smartphone.
- One of the important advantages is that the new models have a more economical use of electricity. Which actually was always the first drawback of using these devices in everyday life because of the high cost.
Despite its positive aspects, such a device also has certain disadvantages. Among which:
- The possibility of emitting an unpleasant toxic odor when heated. Most often, the reason is the cheap material of the body of the device itself — plastic. Such a disadvantage can be observed both during the first times of use, and during the entire further operation.
- Wiring problems when using the device. In particular, its ignition. This is due to the unbearable old electrical wiring of powerful electric kettles.
- The 5 Best De’Longhi Electric Kettles of 2022
- The 5 Best Philips Electric Kettles
- The 5 Best Braun Electric Kettles
- The 7 Best Scarlett Electric Kettles of 2022
- Rating of the best thermopots according to customer reviews
- 9 Best REDMOND Electric Kettles
What is the best body material for electric kettles
In order for your favorite teapot to serve for a long time and with high quality, you should be responsible for its choice, and before buying, carefully evaluate all its pros and cons.
It has already become clear that the kettle option can be of various types. It remains only to decide which of these all you need. It is important to choose not by the number of functions in general, but by the presence of the functions that are necessary for you. For example, not everyone needs a countdown timer or a remote control function. But the more features a technique has, the higher its price.
Therefore, it is better to concentrate on high-quality devices with the necessary functionality. In particular, the body material of the kettle itself plays an important role. To answer the question of which electric kettle is better, metal or glass, plastic or ceramic, let’s take a closer look at each of them.
Table of the best electric kettles in 2022
|The best plastic electric kettles|
|2||Polaris PWK 1803C Water Way Pro|
|3||Xiaomi Mi Smart Kettle Pro Global|
|The best metal electric kettles|
|The best ceramic electric kettles|
|The best glass electric kettles|
|one||Polaris PWK 1725CGLD WIFI IQ Home|
|2||REDMOND SkyKettle RK-G203S|
Teapots made of this material were very popular at one time, because they enjoy the following advantages:
- Average or low price of the device.
- Lightweight and easy to operate.
- Large selection of designs and colors.
But this is not the whole feature. The big fat question about plastic electric kettles is their impact on health. If the body material is of poor quality, it is felt by the smell and taste of water. This is due to the fact that when heated to a high temperature, plastic releases harmful substances.
If we talk about teapots of well-known European companies, then it should be noted that they make models from high-quality food-grade plastic. This one has an excellent look and smell from cheap low-quality plastic.
Note to everyone that the period of safe use of a plastic electric kettle provides for three years.
Environmentally friendly plastic does not emit odor when heated, except during the first use.
If your choice still fell in favor of a plastic device, then choose at least one that is made of polycarbonate.
TOP 3 best plastic electric kettles
- Bosch TWK3A011
- Polaris PWK 1803C Water Way Pro
- Xiaomi Mi Smart Kettle Pro Global